Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Cocobolo Box

Like a doofus, I didn't have my camera with me in the shop today. I was relegated to taking this photo with my phone.

Cocobolo, walnut and maple.
This box is cocobolo, with walnut panels and maple keys. The light strip that is holding the lid on is just part of the cocobolo board. It is so light and creamy in color because it is sapwood.

Strangely, the walnut I used for the floor of the box is a nice, rich, dark color that matches the box well. The top one is much lighter.

I hope it darkens up with time.

It is finished only with wax, which I will talk about in a future post.

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful box.
    I especially like the keys. They look like sun rays from two suns.
    Brgds
    Jonas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like your description. I hadn't thought of that, but looking at the photo, I can see it.

      Delete