Tuesday, October 25, 2016

DCBE, Day 1

Unfortunately, I am blogging this week from my iPad, which sucks. My plan to deal with the limitations is to give a very brief commentary, followed by a bunch of un-captioned photos. When I get back to Spain, I'll do a proper write up.

(One of my goals for this blog has always been not to apopogize, so sorry about that.)

Alex picked me up in Munich early yesterday, and we made it about half way before his car broke down. ADAC was kind enough to hook us up with a loaner until his car is fixed, so we finally got here after 19 hours.

Today was fantastic. Alex, Jonas and I decided to build Roorkee chairs, and Pedder got here and is building a M&T stool. Olav is unfortunately stuck in France, but hopes to be here in a day or two.

We milled a ton of spalted sycamore today, and tomorrow we will mill a little more elm for Roorkees.

I also will build a pair of staked saw benches from an old elm plank I found in Jonas' barn.

We have a buttload of leather. Enough for at least six chairs, maybe more. All different stuff. I also have some #8 duck canvas that would make nice chairs, but I dropped it in the mud while extracting my suitcase from the back of the ADAC car last night. Oops.

Enjoy some photos, you'll love tomorrow.

















12 comments:

  1. Wait...

    What's this Flensburger stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pedder brought it. I brought the real beer. 😉

      Delete
  2. Good to see you guys back together again! Is Jens showing up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ben! Too bad you're not here. We could have had a five year reunion!

      Jens actually will pop in tomorrow for the day. I look forward to seeing him.

      Delete
    2. Five years? Oy, I guess that's right. You boys are the best--wish I could have been there too.

      Delete
  3. Awesome! Enjoy your time guys !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great update, appreciate all the pics. Makes it almost like getting to be there with you.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are well provided with beverages.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephan! We're doing our best to deal with the situation.

      Delete
  6. Great pic post, have fun

    Cheers

    Bob and Rudy

    ReplyDelete