Friday, October 28, 2016

DCBE Day 4

We are making some real progress today. I got my chair put together. I brought the black leather from my broken pear chair with me, and put it on a new sycamore frame. It just needs a bit of finish.

Jonas finished his chair. His is also sycamore, with a brown leather. This is truly one of the nicest chairs I've seen. Mrs. Mulesaw liked it so much, she wants him to build another just like it.

Alex has been focused on two chairs: one in sycamore and one in elm. He has a gorgeous side of 10 ounce burgundy Latigo leather.

Jonas and Alex both loved working with leather for the first time. Jonas re-named my edge beveler the "Edge Nicer." As in, this tool makes the edge nicer. I'll call it that from now on.












4 comments:

  1. Wow, you guys are making great progress, especially considering all the food and beer. More beautiful work, looks like it's about time to learn to work with leather.
    Thanks for the frequent posts, really enjoying this.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeff! I tease that the Danes eat like hobbits. Complete with second breakfast, elevensies, etc.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great event, and some great stuff coming out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turns out opening beer was the most important thing that happened. 40,000 hits so far.

      Delete