|Done today: Vitrine and chair.|
The exciting part, is I got finish on my Welsh stick chair! If you remember correctly, I went to Denmark last fall to build chairs with Jonas from Mulesaw. I viewed the build as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, as he had a couple of monster elm logs set aside for just such a purpose. Check out the build starting here.
I didn't quite get finished with my chair in the 4 1/2 days I was there. This project has been languishing in my shop, not because I didn't want to get it done, but because there always seems to be something that pushes it's way forward in the queue.
|Well cured epoxy dribbled here to fill a void.|
|Epoxy flakes in my block plane.|
|In the white, ready for finish.|
Perhaps the tung oil will give it a bit more strength, we'll see. I'll put a few more coats of this on over the next days, and in a month or two when it is completely cured, I will buff it out with some kind of past wax. Probably beeswax mixed with orange oil.
|Here is my new finish components.|
|Some of the more interesting grain on the seat.|
|Before photo. Couresty Mulesaw.|
|The three-quarter arms were an attempt at making the design look a bit more modern to suit the taste of the Frau. Olav helped with designing these, and I think they turned out fantastic.|
|Here is a good view of one of the bits filled with epoxy.|
|The pair were both finished today.|