Sunday, January 19, 2014

Preparation for the Shop Stool Build-of

Yesterday I had the great opportunity to eat real American steaks - with Brian and the Frau. Brian is an "intellectual woodworker" (and therefore talking with him is always fun) and he is a down-to-earth cook; his wonderful BBQ is the proof (beside the beefsteaks there are gorgeous tasting mushrooms).
While we were eating and talking about the Shop Stool-event on January 25th, I told Brian about my concern, that I can´t publish in social medias the pictures and therefore he invited me to his blog, which really honors me, because it´s an act of faith! So I am a little bit uneasy what and how to write (I am an Austrian and English is sometimes difficult :) But let´s dive into deep water!
Last summer I educated carpenter-apprentices in one week, 8 hours a day, how to work on a workbench with handtools. We built a shaker design step-stool and I have some boards in birch left, which I will use for the Shop Stool Build-of. Because of all the teaching, I was not able to make a full shaker step stool for myself. I am not sure, if I am cheating, because I have already tails on two boards but I am not going for a price: The 25th will give me the opportunity to work one day focused on MY stool and it will be fun. That´s my motivation to take part in the game! 
.

5 comments:

  1. Your English is perfect - although you're Austrian. Congratulations!
    Christian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time we'll have to have some Austrian Chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexander, it will be an honor to share a day working with you on the 25th even if our shops are a good deal separated. Can't wait to see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm! The barbeque looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see some of the results from this build off. Good job Christian!

    ReplyDelete