Sunday, January 26, 2014

Stool Build - 8:00

Glue up.

Not too much to say here.  I would say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I had no time to shoot photos of the glue up while actually doing it.  All you'll get is this one photo.

Not too many pictures of the glue-up.  I was busy.
I will say that applying a coat of wax first did greatly assist in cleaning up the squeeze out.  Also, the wedges did a good enough job of holding everything together without the need of clamping anything.  While I wouldn't yet trust it to sit in, it is plenty stable enough to continue a bit of the construction process.
If doing the stool early isn't cheating, is using a laser beam to get the stool the exact same height as my tool chest?

It looks like a stool!  This is as far as I got the first night.
Next up:  Finishing touches.

View the rest of my build here.

No comments:

Post a Comment