Monday, September 10, 2018

New Feature - Classic Posts Weekly

I just made a new feature for this blog: a new tab called, "Classic Posts Weekly."

This tab should take you to a page that I intend to update every week. I will revisit a classic (i.e. "old") blog post that I still thinks has some relevance for conversation.

My first entry on this page is there because I just plucked it out at random, read it and realized it was a pretty fun read. At least it was for me.

It discusses a forum discussion that was brought about from my exploration of how to make a panel glue up fail.

I'll just leave it at that, you can read the post here.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Brian. What are your thoughts on using a metal batton from C channel? I’m seeing this often on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jose, I haven't actually done that, because for me and my tool set using only wood is my default setting.

      However, I have seen metal battens used as you describe with good results.

      One such recently was a dining table that was made about 18 years ago. The 3/4" top had 1/2" metal battens inset, which mad for a very clean look. It worked beautifully on this table, but I wouldn't have done it that way because it wouldn't jhave beethe best solution with my tools and skill set.

      Delete