Pretty much all I accomplished was to get the rough boards cut out for the carcase. To do this, I spent the usual inordinate amount of time looking the boards over to see where my cuts should go.
Oh! I almost forgot. I also got some sharpening in. I brought along two beautiful chisels given to me by Kim Malmberg (@kims.tagram on Instagram), the big one and the medium one. The small one was a great size that I brought along from my mounting collection of Nordic chisels I call the Swedish Hoarde.
|A few of the tools I brought with me.|
I sharpened the two smaller ones, and my Veritas BU Jack plane using the oil stones I brought along. I had to run to the corner hardware store for some appropriate oil, though. - Back to our scheduled programming:
Once I figured out where the cuts should go, I laid them out like this:
|Laying out crosscuts.|
I decided not to use the bidet for crosscuts, as I have this little boink in the wall that worked just fine, using my feet as workholding ala the Japanese.
|I need to get some cool toe-socks.|
|Finished cross cuts.|
The big issue was that everything seemed to take twice as long as in my German shop. Partly as I was learning how to do it this way, and partly because I have all of those jigs and workholding devices in my German shop for a reason - to make things easier and quicker.
Tomorrow there are a few more crosscuts to get the pieces to final dimension, and I have to figure out a way to shoot the ends square.