This was good for my project, because getting the beam set up on this panel gauge was something I wasn't sure how to do before I started. After having messed up the beam insert once (documented in the first post of the series), I was running out of scrap ebony and didn't want to goof up again. It had to be right this time.
I made the insert a bit longer than the original because the blade I am using on this project requires a wedge to secure it. Check out the video to see what I did.
I finally found a slideshow creator for linux that I am happy with. It took a little to get used to, but it seems to work. It is called Imagination and is even in the Linux Mint repositories, so there is nothing weird involved to install it. At one point I was downloading pictures from my camera to my Linux machine, editing them on my Mac, and using Windows to do the slideshow thingie. This is way better.